Intimo Medical develops a novel Intrauterine Device (IUD) as a Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) method. Our mission is to help women of reproductive age to obtain effective and safe contraception through our innovative IUD that offers a non-hormonal approach. We intend to solve the issues associated with the traditional T-shaped IUD by providing a device that adapts itself to uterine anatomy and increases continuation rate. Whether it is adolescents, nulliparous or multiparous women our device offers a biomechanical fit and may significantly reduce side effects of expulsion, embedment, and perforation to improve the quality of life of the patients.
Intimo Medical develops an innovative and versatile intrauterine device as a platform technology for multiple indications, starting with contraception (IUD) and target infertility (slow-release insemination, SRI) in the future.
The device is first to present a radially self-expanding technology to fit the variable intrauterine cavity whether narrow, normal, or wide anatomy. A radial expansion approach from the center to peripheral tissues promises proper position and decreases risk for spontaneous expulsion or displacement.
A unique design promises a closed 3-dimensional structure without any open rigid ends and therefore reduces the risk of injury to the uterine wall. The design easily collapses for a narrow profile under pulling force to pass safely through the cervical canal.
- The global Intrauterine Devices (IUDs) market reached a value of $4.15B in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% to reach $5.5B in 2027.
- The two major segments are Hormonal and Copper (non-hormonal) IUD, when the market share is divided about 50-50 with a slight advantage for copper.
- About 250M women of reproductive age (15-49) are using IUD worldwide (according to the Population Reference Bureau, family planning data sheet, 2019). IUD is one of the most common contraceptive methods used worldwide with 17% of women rely on this method (according to the UN Contraceptive Use By Method, 2019), which is higher than Pill prevalence with 16%, Injectable (8%) or Implant (2%).
- Lior Erez, Co-Founder & CEO – Holds MBA and B.Sc in Mechanical engineering from Ben-Gurion University.He gained more than 15 years of experience span across the healthcare industry including R&D, pre-clinical and clinical trials, IP landscape, regulatory pathway for FDA / CE approval, commercial strategies, and business development. Lior held a series of positions in MedTech startups and corporates such as J&J and Teva.
- Matan Shabat, Co-Founder & Director – R&D leader in several healthcare companies. Background in entrepreneurship in several companies. Owner of a dozen patents, over 15 years of experience in the development of medical devices and consumer devices. Holds a degree in mechanical engineering and economics & accounting.
- Prof. Dr. Michael Stark, Scientific & Medical Advisor – Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology, the scientific and medical advisor of ELSAN, a 120-hospital group in France and a guest scientist at the Charité University Hospital in Berlin. Since 2004 he has been the President of the New European Surgical Academy (NESA), an international inter-disciplinary surgical organization with members in 54 countries. In 2011, Prof. Stark was nominated as the Medico Del Anno (Doctor of the Year) in Italy, and is an Honorary Member of the French, Polish, Russian, Serbian, and Italian Gynecological Associations.
- Dr. Yaakov Bentov, M.D., Scientific & Medical Advisor – Specializes in OBGYN and Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (REI). He graduated MD and M.Sc in medical administration both from Ben-Gurion University and performed a fellowship in REI at the University of Toronto. Dr Bentov gained more than 12 years of experience as senior REI physician & OBGYN in Canada. Since 2020 he holds the position of senior REI & OBGYN at the OBGYN department & IVF unit, Hadassah Mount Scopus Hospital in Jerusalem. A Member of the European Society of Human Reproductive Endocrinology (ESHRE).
Lior Erez, CEO
+972-52-2882499 | email@example.com
POB 1252, Nazareth, 1711102, Israel